All individuals must pre-register online for fingerprinting through the State Highway Patrol's Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS). A four-digit registration code is required at the time of registration. Please review the FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check Procedures for more information.
- Background check requirement FAQ's
- Fingerprinting Procedures - Effective July 1, 2012
- FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check Procedures- Used to register for fingerprinting/background check
- Fingerprint Submittal
- Rules and Statutes Governing the Discipline & Issuance of Certificates
- Missouri Automated Criminal History System (MACHS) Information for School District Officials
TO LOG INTO YOUR ONLINE EDUCATOR PROFILE
To access your certification account (online profile) you must first log into DESE Web Applications with a user ID and password, and then choose the Educator Certification System link located on the User Applications page. Your certification account (online profile) provides access to each of the following:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
Please Note: If you have not logged in to your certification account (online profile) in over 12 months, please contact the Office of Data System Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-522-3207.