All individuals must pre-register online for fingerprinting through the State Highway Patrol's Missouri Automated Criminal History Site (MACHS). A four-digit registration code is required at the time of registration. Please review the FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check Procedures for more information.
- Background check requirement FAQ's
- Fingerprinting Procedures - Effective July 1, 2012
- FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check Procedures- Used to register for fingerprinting/background check
- Fingerprint Submittal
- Rules and Statutes Governing the Discipline & Issuance of Certificates
- Missouri Automated Criminal History System (MACHS) Information for School District Officials
TO LOG INTO YOUR ONLINE EDUCATOR PROFILE
To access your certification account (online profile) you must first log into DESE Web Applications with a user ID and password, and then choose the Educator Certification System link located on the User Applications page. Your certification account (online profile) provides access to each of the following:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
Please Note: If you have not accessed your certification account in over 12 months, then your account access has been disabled. You will be required to re-register and create a User ID. Please follow these steps:
Step 1 - Go to: https://apps.dese.mo.gov/webLogin/login.aspx
Step 2 - Click on "Register"
Step 3 - Enter the information requested and click "Create User"
Step 4 - Once the ID has been created, log in with the new User ID and password
Please note that if the "Create User" button is grayed out, try using a different User ID.
If you need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-522-3207.