Substitute Bus Attendant
Ozark Horizon School
Examples of Work Performed
- Assist students getting on and off the bus.
- Supervise students on the bus.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained by the school nurse.
- Follow behavior support plans of individual students.
- Perform the daily self-care needs of students as required (e.g., diapering, etc.)
- Assist in emergency bus evacuations.
- Lift and move 75 pounds.
- Demonstrate effective safety skills with students, equipment, environment, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
- Help keep bus clean and supplied.
- Participate in staff development as necessary to keep bus attendant skills updated and current.
- Accurately completes all reports on or before established deadlines.
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience working with individuals with severe disabilities is preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)