Curriculum and Assessment
Yes (See benefits)
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides technical assistance to school districts in developing and implementing more effective instruction in specialized area of English language learners.
- Organizes and conducts high-quality professional development for English language learner teachers in implementing various strategies for teaching and evaluating content area competencies.
- Develops procedures and publications designed to assist school districts in developing and implementing more effective PK-20 curriculum for English language learners.
- Provides leadership for development/refinement of documents and related instructional materials for English language learners.
- Provides leadership for implementing the requirements pertaining to English language learners as mandated by federal regulations or law.
- Participates in the Missouri School Improvement Program review process and serves on other types of review teams as appropriate.
- Acts as English language learner liaison between the Department and other state and national organizations.
- Acts as English language learner resource to teacher preparation institutions.
- Helps local educators interpret and implement legislative and State Board policy requirements pertaining to English language learners.
- Works with educators across the state to create and implement a strategic plan for PK-20 English language learner education.
- Works with members of Statewide System of Support in planning, coordination, and implementation of curriculum and assessment strategic priorities for English language learners.
- Directs educators and stakeholders to appropriate English language learner resources for technical assistance in curriculum development and assessment practices for English language learners.
- Provides expertise for the development and implementation of Missouri Assessment Program in specialized area of English language learners.
- Directs educators and stakeholders to appropriate resources for technical assistance in assessment practices for English language learners.
- Determine the presence of migratory and limited English proficient children and youth.
- Develop, implement, and sustain content and language instruction educational programs.
- Promote parental and community understanding of and participation in content and language instruction educational programs.
- Ensure access to appropriate and coordinated supportive services that address unique cultural, linguistic, social, and health-related factors.
- Collaborate/coordinate with other departments on specialized projects.
- Prepare Commissioner reports.
- Act as a liaison between the Department and other state and national organizations.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Master’s in TESOL.or Master's Degree in Education
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or another foreign language.
- Master’s Degree in Education.
- Five (5) years experience as a teacher and/or administrator with a proportion in migrant/ELL education.
- Elementary certificate or secondary content area teaching certificate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and experience delivering research-based effective instruction in migrant/ELL programs.
- Knowledge and experience with testing and assessment instruments relating to migrant/ELL instructional programs.
- Knowledge and experience providing high quality professional development activities.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
Complete a DESE application online. Please attach a scanned copy of your transcripts with the application. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your application is received online.
Note: If a college degree is a requirement for this position, transcripts must be submitted with the application in order to be considered for employment. Failure to include transcripts (when required for the position) with your application will eliminate the application from the review process.
We do not keep applications on file to submit for other vacant positions. You must submit an application for each vacant position you are applying for.