Recap since July 2016..
- HB 2379 and SB 638 were signed by Governor Nixon on June 22nd
- Task Force members were appointed September 1st
- Task Force meetings were held
- October 18th
- November 30th
- December 1st
- Presentations were made addressing over 300 LEA’s and nearly 900 Educators/Administrators
- New brain-based research was released giving us a better understanding of Dyslexia and its implications for student achievement
What’s coming in the First Quarter of 2017..
- More LEA awareness presentations
- Sessions at Conference of the Young Years and MO Association of Elementary School Principal Conference
- Task Force Meeting
- February 10th
I’m looking forward to all the 2017 has in store. Please let me know if there is a way I can assist you in supporting the dyslexic students in your schools.
Kim Stuckey | Director-Dyslexia Specialist | Office of College and Career Readiness
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education |P: 573-751-2584 | dese.mo.gov