District Officer Election Procedures
- Each district will elect seven (7) officers: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, parliamentarian, reporter and historian. (Check your District Constitution).
- No school should have more than two (2) officers or candidates.
- All schools will be notified at least 30 days in advance of all elections.
- All candidate applications must be filed with the Senior District Advisor 14 days prior to the election and must contain:
a. properly completed and signed application
c. verification of: 2.0 grade point (4 point scale), on target to graduate with class and enrollment in a preparatory trade, technical, industrial or health occupation vocational program during term of office
d. letters of endorsement from:
- parents -- indicating their support and willingness to allow their student to travel
- local SkillsUSA Lead Advisor -- indicating leadership ability and willingness to financially support officer if elected
- local Vocational Administrator -- indicating availability of student to attend meetings and willingness to provide travel, supervision and money for student when needed
- local Academic Administrator -- indicating ability to miss school, academic ability and leadership potential
- All candidate material will be reviewed by the Senior District Advisor to determine that each candidate has met the minimum qualifications.
- All qualified candidates will take a written test, based on level 1 and level 2 of the PDP, on the day of the election.
- All qualified candidates who score 75% or more on the written test shall be interviewed by the election committee to determine primary or final ballots.
- All candidates placed on the ballot shall give a 1 to 3 minute speech before the House of Delegates.
- All balloting shall be done by secret ballot.
- Winning candidates must have a majority of votes cast (50% + 1 vote).
- Officers will be installed during the awards ceremony.
NOTE: Election Committee should include at least one of each of the following: Junior District Advisor, present District Officer and Vocational Administrator. The election may or may not place all or any of the interviewed candidates on the ballot.