Missouri Collegiate DECA will offer all competitive events for the 2019-2020 year, reserving the right to cancel events with low participation.
- All events are now divided into Individual Case Study, Team Case Study and Prepared Presentations.
- All Individual Case Study events have an exam component.
- For Missouri Collegiate DECA, Prepared Presentations will only be taken to international competition. These events will not take place at state.
- Missouri will be mirroring all events (except Prepared Events) which are offered by DECA, Inc. as long as registration necessitates the demand for it at State competition. The right is reserved to cancel any events which do not have adequate participants. Time allotments for preparation and presenting may vary from national guidelines due to limited timeframes for judging. Please consult with your State Advisor regarding time allotments for each component of your event.
For the 2019-2020 year, Missouri Collegiate DECA will be mirroring the competitive events which are offered at the national level with the EXCEPTION of Prepared Projects. Student who would like to compete at the international level for these events will be given the opportunity to submit their work for review to the State Collegiate Advisor who, with a panel of judges, will deem if the project is of a high enough quality to complete at ICDC.
The complete Collegiate DECA Guide may be found here.
Missouri Collegiate DECA reserves the right to cancel an event should a minimum number of competitors register for the event.
Click on the link below to view the specific guidelines for these series of events.
- Individual Case Studies - All have Career Cluster Exam component
- Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurship Operations (NEW in 2018-2019)
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing
- Financial Accounting (NEW NAME FOR ACCOUNTING)
- Hotel and Lodging
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting (NEW in 2018-2019)
- Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Retail Management
- Sales Meeting Management
- Travel and Tourism
- Team Case Studies
- Business Ethics
- Business to Business Marketing
- Event Planning
- Financial Statement Analysis
- International Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing