Missouri's Student Organizations Fight Opioid Abuse
This opportunity encourages collaboration of the Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) community through the development of a Public Service Announcement (PSA). This 25-second video PSA will promote awareness of opioid abuse and encourage statewide community involvement to unite the fight against prescription drug abuse. The winning PSA will be shown at all Missouri CTSO state leadership conferences in the spring of 2018, and it will be shared through the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s (DESE) media sources including, but not limited to, DESE's websites, social media, and the Electronic Mailbag. The winning team’s PSA will also be shared with the State Board of Education and the CTE Advisory Council. The PSA will be made available for public broadcast.
Reputable Resources Provided by ACT Missouri
A minimum of one resource must be referenced within the PSA and one fact on opioid abuse must be included. Only references listed in the reputable resources section below may be utilized within the PSA.
- Missouri Department of Mental Health – Prescription Drug Misuse
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – Opioids
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) – Prescription Opioid Misuse, Heroin, and Fentanyl
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) – Prevent Rx Abuse Toolkit
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – Heroin, Fentanyl & Other Opioids: From Understanding to Action
- CVS Health – Prescription Drug Abuse
Royalty Free Music Resource (please observe all copyright laws for music used in video creation)
For questions, please contact: