Information for Licensed Providers

A child care provider who is licensed with the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, Office of Childhood, may submit a Child Care Provider Agreement to receive payment for child care services provided to Child Care Subsidy eligible families.

Information on becoming a licensed child care provider is available through the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, Office of Childhood.

Helpful Resources

How do I become contracted with DESE?

Licensed child care providers must review the Child Care Provider Agreement Checklist and sign and return the Child Care Provider Agreement to the Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE). They must also:

What if I provide care out of state?

If you offer child care to Missouri families who are eligible for Child Care Subsidy, you will need to provide DESE proof that you are licensed or licensed-exempt in the state you live.

Please contact the Office of Childhood, Quality Programs Section at 573-751-6793 for more information about how to become contracted as a child care provider with the state of Missouri.

How do I get help with care for a child with special needs?

The Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) offers technical assistance to child care providers who care for children with special needs at no charge. These services are offered through Inclusion Specialists, who ensure all children receive quality care and are included in all activities regardless of their special needs. Inclusion specialists also offer face to face training throughout the state to help child care providers meet the needs of children with special needs. A child with special needs is a child who may require enhanced child care services over that of a typically developing child due to an actual or perceived developmental disability and/or delay, health/mental health, or behavior issues.