Recorded Webinar - February 13, 2013
Introduction to the Advanced Placement (AP) Program
Join Christina Silvis from the College Board for an introduction to the AP Program. This is of particular interest to schools that do not yet have an AP Program and would like to explore starting one. Counselors, Principals, and Teachers are encouraged to participate.
- Why have AP and how does it support MSIP Standards
- Dispelling Myths around AP
- Costs of AP
- Identifying students for AP
- Methods of Delivery (in house/on-line)
- Preparing teachers to teach AP (PD opportunities)
- Resources for Implementing AP
- AP Scholarship
- How to get started
Presented by Christine Silvis, educational manager K-12 services, College Board, and the Office of College and Career Readiness.
- Link to the webinar (Approx. 1 hour, 5 minutes)
If you experience trouble during the webinar, first read through our help guide, and if assistance is still needed, call 573-751-0857.
Following the webinar, please give us your feedback by participating in a short online evaluation survey. This will help us improve our services and future webinars.