Top 10 by 20
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has launched Top 10 by 20, a major improvement effort that aims for student achievement in Missouri to rank among the top 10 states by 2020.
Goals and Objectives
OBJECTIVE 1: The percentage of students:
- Scoring at or above proficient level on National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) will increase by 1 percentage point at each test administration.
- Scoring at or above proficient level on state assessments will increase each year to exceed 75% of students in all subgroups by 2020.
- Scoring at or above the mean of the top 10 states on college and career ready assessments (e.g. ACT, SAT, COMPASS, ASVAB, TSA) will increase annually.
OBJECTIVE 2: By 2020, all students will qualify for entrance into post secondary education/training.
- The percentage of young children (birth to kindergarten entry) who receive developmental and health screenings will increase by 2% annually.
- The number of parent education visits to families with young children will increase by 2% annually.
- The number of parent education visits to high needs families of young children will increase by 2% annually.
OBJECTIVE 2: The percentage of early childhood programs for Missouri’s infants, toddlers and preschoolers that meet established quality standards will increase by 2% annually.
OBJECTIVE 1: By 2020, all candidates completing preparation programs will be highly effective as defined by a uniform set of performance data points.
OBJECTIVE 2: By 2020, all educators will be highly effective.