Transition From First Steps to Early Childhood Special Education
The period of time an infant/toddler is in First Steps is relatively short; therefore, it is important to plan for transition from the time the child enters First Steps.
The following documents have been developed to assist with educating service coordinators, providers and parents about the importance of a successful transition from First Steps.
- Transition from First Steps to Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (recording approx. 60 minutes)
- Transition from First Steps to Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (1 handout per page)
- Transition from First Steps to Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (3 handouts per page)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Updated November 2014)
- Release of Information (First Steps to ECSE)
- Opt Out Form
- Initial Evaluation Flow Chart
- First Steps Referral to ECSE Documentation Form
- Parent Transition Handbook
- Parent's Guide to Special Education
- Key Features of Part C and Part B of IDEA
- Comparison of the IEP and IFSP