State Plan for Special Education
The Office of Special Education, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, is proposing changes to the State regulations implementing Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The proposed changes are available for inspection until September 19, 2012, in the Office of the Assistant Commissioner, Office of Special Education, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, 205 Jefferson Street, 4th floor, Jefferson Building, Jefferson City, MO 65102 during regular office hours.
Public hearings, in the form of a webinar, are scheduled for the following dates and times:
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Written public comments on the proposed changes are being solicited and should be directed as follows no later than the close of business on September 10, 2012:
Bonnie Aaron, Director, Compliance
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
P. O. Box 480 Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Regulation I - General Provisions
- Regulation II - Confidentiality
- Regulation III - Identification and Evaluation
- Regulation IV - FAPE/IEP/LRE
- Regulation V - Procedural Safeguards/Discipline
- Regulation VI - DESE Responsibilities
- Regulation VII - Local Education Agency (LEA) Eligibility
- Regulation VIII - Private Schools
- Regulation IX - Special School Districts
- Regulation X - State Operated Programs
- Back Cover