Special Education Listserv
Subject: Requesting Payment of Federal IDEA Part B Funds in FY14
Source: Special Education Finance, Division of Financial and Administrative Services
Intended Audience: Special Education Directors, District Administrators
Date: June 10, 2013
The FY14 Part B Payment Request due date schedule has been posted at http://dese.mo.gov/divspeced/Finance/partbentitlement.html under Part B Payments.
When submitting Part B Payment Requests, please note the following requirements:
- LEAs must have an approved current year budget application prior to requesting payments.
- LEAs do not have to submit a prior year (FY13) FER to start requesting payments in July for FY14. However, if LEAs fail to submit the prior year FER by September 30, 2013; any future payment requests will be held until the prior year FER is submitted in an approvable format.
- LEAs must request Part B IDEA funds based on cumulative expenditure amounts that are reported on payment requests.
- Payment requests may only include amounts already expended and/or amounts that will be expended within three business days of receipt of funds.
- Expenditures on payment requests by object code subtotals may not exceed 10% of the grand total amount budgeted.
- Payment requests must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the first day of the month in order to be processed in that month's school payment, even if the first day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday.
- LEAs with proportionate share obligations must ensure there are sufficient funds left to cover any unexpended proportionate share obligation amounts. Therefore, LEAs should not request 100% of their funds in their final payment request and/or FER if the LEA has unexpended proportionate share funds.
For more information, please review the ePeGs Payment Request Training Guide FY14 at http://dese.mo.gov/divspeced/Finance/partbentitlement.html.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-751-0622.