Special Education Listserv
Subject: Newsletters from Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled (MSSD)
Source: Merv Blunt, Director for Program Services
Intended Audience: Special and general education administrators and teachers, counselors, and related service providers
Date: January 16, 2013
Staff Highlights Newsletters from the Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled (MSSD) are available on the web at http://dese.mo.gov/se/mssd/. The articles are written by teachers and staff of MSSD and provide practical strategies for students with severe disabilities.
The Staff Highlights Newsletter contains information related to:
* Various disabilities which appear in combination with severe disabilities
* Strategies to enhance the opportunity for a student to be successful
* Solutions for daily problems that occur at school/home
* Interventions which improve inappropriate behaviors (from mild to severe)
* Special events occurring at MSSD schools
The Parent Focus, a newsletter for parents of students attending MSSD, is also available at the link above. The Parent Focus contains relevant information a parent can use in the home setting.