Questions Regarding Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled Eligibility
- What are the evaluation criteria to be considered for Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled?
- What should a school district consider before requesting MSSD eligibility?
- Is there a form that MSSD requires for the Justification for Separate School Placement?
- When should we change the number of minutes and consider the student placement options on the IEP?
- What documentation does the local school district need to send to MSSD for an eligibility determination?
- What is the process/timeline for an eligibilty determination?
- What is the next step once the local school district has been notified that a student has been found eligibile for MSSD?
- A student currently attending MSSD moves into our district, how should we proceed in order to continue placement in MSSD?
- A student from another district who was in a separate day school facility (not part of MSSD) has recently moved into our district, what must we do in order to have MSSD consider elgibility or enrollment?