First Steps Listserv
Subject: Assessment and Administering the DAYC – new document online
Source: Pam Thomas, Coordinator, First Steps Program
Intended Audience: First Steps providers, EI Examiners, Service Coordinators and SPOE Directors
Date: January 6, 2012
As you know, Missouri First Steps has identified the Developmental Assessment of Young Children (DAYC) as the uniform assessment instrument to assist with determining a child’s eligibility for First Steps services.
To better assist providers with administering the DAYC and reporting results, several frequently asked questions have been compiled and answered in a new document titled “Assessment and Administering the DAYC.”
That document is now available online at:
The information contained in the document answers the following questions:
- What is the difference between informal and formal assessments?
- When is an evaluation or assessment required?
- How is the DAYC administered?
- How are observations documented when writing the report?
- Where is the original report and protocol maintained?