2012 Key Education Legislation
Please note that the links below are links to the Missouri General Assembly's website; by clicking these links you will leave the DESE website.
- SB563 (Dixon) - Higher Education
Modifies the term lengths of the board of governors of Missouri State University so that no more than three members' term expire in any given year.
- SB576 (Stouffer) - Charter School Sponsorship
Modifies provisions relating to charter schools.
- SB595 (Kraus) - Due Process Hearing Panel
Modifies eligibility requirements for members serving on a special education due process panel.
- SB599 (Schaefer) - Reporting of Gifted Education Programs
Requires school districts to include in their school accountability report cards whether they have a state-approved gifted education program, and the percentage and number of students served by the program.
- SB631 (Parson) - Agriculture Education
Modifies provisions relating to animals and agriculture.
- SB635 (Pearce) - Omnibus Banking
Modifies the law relating to financial institutions, school funds, private roads, real estate appraisal, agricultural education programs, liens, and state purchasing preferences.
- HB1135 (Smith) - Administrative Rules
Requires the termination of all administrative rules based on the time of promulgation and allows an agency to repromulgate a rule that is set to terminate.
- HB1188 (Allen) - Asthma-Related Rescue Medications
Allows a school nurse or other trained employee to administer asthma-related rescue medication to a student experiencing an asthma attack.
- HB1563 (Cauthorn) - Healthcare Services
Modifies provisions relating to school social workers, prescription drugs, collaborative practice arrangements, behavior analysts, and an employee disqualification list.
- HB1577 (Largent) - Enrollment and Educational Success of Foster Care Children
Requires schools to implement specified criteria regarding the enrollment and educational success of foster care children.
- HB1608 (McNary) - Obsolete State Programs
Repeals unfunded and obsolete state programs and establishes expiration dates for specified provisions.
- HB1731 (Day) - Gaming Funds
Modifies how gaming funds are used.