Accredited with Distinction
- Comments regarding the proposed criteria may be submitted to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Quality Schools, Attention: School Improvement Section, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480 or by email at MSIP@dese.mo.gov. Comments will be received September 17th, 2013 to October 17th, 2013.
- Accredited with Distinction Criteria
The Missouri School Improvement Program (MSIP) 5 works to prepare every child for success in school and life. MSIP 5 is the state’s school accountability system for reviewing and accrediting public school districts in Missouri. MSIP began in 1990 and is entering its 5th version this year.
The Department believes high expectations, a clear vision and a few very focused, high impact goals will be critical to drive the improvement efforts necessary to bring about positive results.
MSIP 5 Policy Goals
- Articulate the state's expectations for student achievement with the ultimate goal of all students graduating ready for success in college and careers;
- Distinguish performance of schools and districts in valid, accurate and meaningful ways so that districts in need of improvement can receive appropriate support and interventions, and high-performing districts can be recognized as models of excellence;
- Empower all stakeholders through regular communication and transparent reporting results; and
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation within each district.
MSIP 5 Toolkit
- Tri-fold brochure
- One-page flyer
- Commissioner Nicastro video message
- Sample parent/guardian letter
- Recorded webinars
- MSIP 5 Academic and Subgroup Achievement, Graduation Rate (March 1, 2013)
- MSIP 5 College and Career Readiness, High School Readiness and Attendance (March 4, 2013)
- Dual credit reporting (Nov. 15, 2012)
- MSIP 5 Comprehensive Guide to Missouri School Improvement Program
- MSIP 5 Resource and Process Standards April 2013
- MSIP 5 Overview Powerpoint Presentation Fall 2012 (Microsoft Office Powerpoint)
MSIP 5 Overview Powerpoint Presentation Fall 2012
- MSIP comparison chart
- MSIP 5 Resource and Process Standards Letter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Algebra I FAQs
- Glossary of terms