Listed below are possible research or discussion topics, online lesson plans, resources and other materials. As you look through this list please consider that this series can work for grades 4-12, with an emphasis on 7th grade. Also consider that the series will be used with different purposes for different grade levels. This is by no means a complete list of resources, and we cannot guarantee the life span and quality of the web site addresses.
Possible Research Topics
- Pulaski County Courthouse
- Waynesville, Missouri
- Primary documents
- Oral histories
- Historic restoration
- Probate records
- State Archives
- Research area post offices from years ago that were in towns that may not exist today. See “Missouri Postal History Society”
- Interview, with video camera or cassette tape, the oldest person, a WW II veteran, or a unique person who knows history well in your community
- Investigate any old buildings or one-room school buildings.
- Search through very old yearbooks or information about your school district or schools in your area for project idea starters.
- Contact your local newspaper to read old newspapers for a project idea starter.
- Research how your town was named.
- Contact your County Historical Society for project ideas.