News and Updates
Opportunity for a Free Salad Bar
While there is growing awareness of the health and educational benefits that salad bars provide to kids, many schools are unable to afford the basic equipment needed to adopt this strategy. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) is committed to helping schools make this positive change. The DHSS has funding to provide 40 Missouri schools with a new salad bar. Any schools participating in the National School Lunch and/or Breakfast program are eligible to apply, however those with over 60% of students eligible for free or reduced-price meals will receive preference. Applications are due August 15th. For more information about this opportunity please contact Pat Simmons at email@example.com or 573-522-2843.
Equipment Assistance Grant
- FY13 Equipment Assistance Grant Recipients
- Informational Letter
- 2013 Free and Reduced Percent Enrollment by School Building
- Buildings Ineligibile for Equipment Funds
2014-2015 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable
The 2014 Summer Workshop registration link is below. The deadline for registration is June 5, 2014.
- Summer Workshop 2014 Registration
- The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable application process is changing. The application will be under the Application tab of the Web Application System. This should be available by mid-April.
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) letter to LEAs including Web Application Instructions
- 2014 Seamless Summer Information NEW!
Documents for 6 Cent Certification Compliance can be submitted via the School Food Services web application system. Instructions for completing and submitting the worksheets are available in a presentation format at the below link: