Missouri Standards for the Preparation of Educators
Will go into effect March 31, 2013 with full implementation spring semester 2017.
- Standard 1 – Academics: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and application of general education, content knowledge, and pedagogy.
- Standard 2 – Design and Assessment: The data from fair, valid, and reliable assessments will be used to measure the performance of candidates and educator preparation programs by program and certification areas.
- Standard 3 – Field & Clinical Experiences: Field and clinical experiences, offered in collaboration with PK-12 schools, support the development of educators.
- Standard 4 – Candidates: A diverse pool of candidates, who demonstrate potential for effectiveness as educators are recruited, admitted, developed and retained by educator preparation programs.
- Standard 5 – Faculty: Educator preparation faculty are qualified for their assignments, recruited from diverse populations, and model effective professional practices in teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
- Standard 6 – Operations and resources: Operations and resources are necessary to govern, develop, support, and maintain the educator preparation program.
Planning and Implementation Guide
Planning and Implentation Guide with FAQs
Comparison Chart of MoSPE and MoSTEP
Missouri Standards for Teacher Education Programs (MoSTEP)