ALREADY CERTIFIED in a Student Services area (School Counselor, School Psychological Examiner, School Psychologist, Speech Language Pathologist) in Missouri:
- You need to view or print your certificate
- You will need to log on to DESE Web
Applications with your user id and password. Once you have access to your
profile page, the Certificate Status link
is located in the Menu to the left. By clicking on Certificate Status, you will see the box that
says View Certificate. You will then be
able to view and print your student services certificate.
- You need to know the requirements to upgrade from an initial (ISS) to a career (CSS) certificate
- Your certificate has expired or will expire soon
- If you are currently practicing with a Student Services
certificate, have completed four (4) years of acceptable student services experience,
and have completed all requirements
for upgrading, you will need to submit the Upgrade Student Services Application.
- If you are not currently practicing with a Student Services certificate, and have NOT completed all requirements for upgrading, but you have recently become employed, you and your district will need to submit a Reactivation Application. (If your current background check clearance is over a year old, you will be required to complete a new fingerprint check.)
- If you are not currently practicing with a Student Services certificate, you will need to complete a 2-3 semester hour college course. The course must be at the graduate level. It should be relevant to your professional growth as an educator. It should not be a repeat of a course you have already completed. Once you complete the course and it is posted on a transcript, you will need to complete the online Reactivation Application. The course you choose to use for reactivation may not be over six months old at the time you submit the Reactivation Application. Original transcripts verifying completion of the course must be submitted to the department for verification. If your current background check clearance is over a year old, you will be required to complete a new fingerprint check.
- If you are currently practicing with a Student Services certificate, and have NOT completed all requirements for upgrading, you and your district will need to submit an Extension Application.
- You have questions about student services professional development requirements
The Educator Certification System
located within DESE Web Applications provides users with access to each of the
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View Praxis scores
- Check fingerprint/background status
Certification System Help Guide
Looking for? Teachers|Administrators|Substitute Teachers