ALREADY CERTIFIED as a Teacher in Missouri:
- You need to view or print your certificate
- You will need to log on to DESE Web Applications with your user id and password. Once you have access to your profile page, the Certificate Status link is located in the Menu to the left. By clicking on Certificate Status, you will see the box that says View Certificate. You will then be able to view and print your teaching certificate.
- You need to add an additional area of certification
- A teacher who holds a valid Missouri professional teaching certificate may add areas of certification by completing the required coursework or by passing the appropriate Praxis exam. To request a transcript evaluation or apply for a new area of certification, you will need to submit an online Additional application.
- To add by coursework, copies of your transcripts must be submitted to the Department in order for Certification to complete an evaluation. Copies of transcripts should be mailed to Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102. We do not accept
faxed or emailed application materials.
- To add by Praxis, you will need to obtain Missouri's passing score on the approved Praxis exam through Educational Testing Service (ETS). Once you have passed the required Praxis exam, you will need to complete and submit an online Additional application. Please do not submit an application until you have verified receipt of your Praxis scores on your educator profile screen in DESE Web Applications. DESE receives scores approximately 4-6 weeks after each test date.
- You need to know the requirements to upgrade from an initial (IPC) to a career (CCPC) certificate
- You are not currently teaching and your certificate has expired or will expire soon
- You are currently teaching and your certificate has expired or will expire soon
- You have questions about teacher professional development requirements
- You need to determine your eligibility for a provisional or a temporary authorization certificate
in an additional area
Provisional - This is a two-year nonrenewable certificate for educators who are generally within 12 semester hours or less of meeting all of the requirements for full certification in an additional area as determined by a Department transcript evaluation.
Temporary - This is a one-year renewable certificate for educators who need more than 12 semester hours of coursework to meet the requirements for full certification in an additional area as determined by a Department transcript evaluation. This certificate can be renewed upon completion of 9 semester hours of coursework yearly from the deficiencies indicated on the evaluation. Temporary authorization certificates are not issued in the areas of elementary 1-6; early childhood B-3; early childhood special education B-3; blind and partially sighted K-12; and/or deaf and hearing impaired K-12.
- You hold a provisional or temporary authorization certificate and have completed the requirements to upgrade to a professional certificate
- If you are adding an additional teaching area of certification to your current teaching certificate, please complete the online Upgrade Professional Application
- Submit original transcripts showing completion of required coursework to Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102. We are unable to accept faxed, scanned, emailed or photocopies of transcripts. Please be sure your social security number or educator ID number is listed on all transcripts. Transcripts become the property of the department and cannot be returned.
The Educator Certification System
located within DESE Web Applications provides users with access to each of the
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View Praxis scores
- Check fingerprint/background status
Certification System Help Guide
Looking for? Administrators | Student Services | Substitute Teachers