Get Adobe ReaderA note about viewing streaming video

Special Education Listserv

Subject: Scholarship Opportunity for Masters Degree in Special Education/Transition - New - Time Sensitive - DUE MARCH 1, 2011

Source: Barb Gilpin, Assistant Director, Effective Practices

Intended Audience: Secondary Educators, Special or Regular

Date: February 23, 2011

The following opportunity is provided through the KU iTran program.  KU iTran supports online training programs through a U.S. Department of Education grant for special education and transition.  Working with state department of education (SEA) partners (AZ, GA, ID, KS, MO, PA, VA), the KU iTran program will offer financial assistance to participants based on a selection criteria that takes into account state needs, teacher demographics, and student populations.  This program will lead to a Masters Degree in Special Education and transition or an endorsement in transition.  At this time, Missouri does not offer an endorsement in transition.  Missouri applicants will be eligible for the Masters Degree only.

The e-program of study for the Masters degree includes five transition courses plus additional courses to meet graduate requirements.  All coursework is fully online and offered through the University of Kansas, Department of Special Education.  Students will apply to KU for the masters degree in special education.

Scholarship support will be available on a priority basis to participants in the program.  Cost of tuition and fees is reimbursed to the student. Applicants must first apply to the KU iTran Program for determination of financial support before applying to KU.  Applications for Fall 2011 must be submitted to KU iTran by March 1, 2011.  Applicants will be notified by March 15 if they have received financial support.  Students will then be supported through the KU graduate program application process and enrollment in classes for Fall 2011.

Regardless of whether you receive financial support, you may still apply to the KU TransCert Program or the KU Master degree.  For eligibility requirements and application procedures go to:, Graduate Programs.

For questions email: Dr. Mary Morningstar, or Dr. Tracey Nix-Williams,