Gifted Program Related Links
- Gifted Association of Missouri (GAM) - A non-profit organization of parents, teachers, and educators in Missouri who believe an appropriate education is every Missourian's concern and believe children with unusual potential have unique learning needs.
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) - A non-profit organization of parents, teachers, educators, community leaders
and other professionals who unite to address the unique needs of all children
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Children (SENG) - Dedicated to fostering environments in which gifted adults and children, in all their diversity, understand and accept themselves and are understood, valued, nurtured, and supported by their families, schools, workplaces and communities. http://www.sengifted.org/
- Council for Exceptional Children
(CEC) - The largest international professional organization dedicated to
improving the educational success of individuals with disabilities and/or gifts
and talents. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets
professional standards, provides professional development, advocates for
individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and
resources necessary for effective professional practice.
- Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent
Development at the University of Connecticut - The only federally funded
research organization, known as The National Research Center on the Gifted and
Talented (NRC/GT), has existed since 1990 with various university partnerships.
As of 2006, the University of Connecticut partnership is with the University of
Virginia. The current research studies for the NRC/GT are an integrated approach
to identifying, serving, and evaluating academic outcomes.
- College of William and Mary - Center for Gifted Education - A research and development center that provides services to educators, policy makers, graduate students, researchers, parents and students in support of the needs of gifted and talented individuals.
- University of Virginia Curry School of Education - The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented (NRC/GT) - A research center affiliated with the academic program of gifted education.
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development - Formed in 1999, the Davidson Institute is a 501(c)3 private operating foundation funded by Bob and Jan Davidson. Our mission is to recognize, nurture and support profoundly intelligent young people and to provide opportunities for them to develop their talents to make a positive difference.
- Belin-Blank Center - Founded in 1988, the Belin-Blank Center has established a national and international reputation for its research, training, and service. The Center offers professional development opportunities, academic-year and summer programs for students, summer programs for international students, diversity initiatives to support minority students, the Belin-Blank Exceptional Student Talent Search (BESTS) program to identify exceptional academic talent, an early-entrance to college program (the National Academy of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering), a comprehensive clinic that offers assessment and counseling services, and an institute dedicated to academic acceleration (Institute for Research and Policy on Acceleration). Information on these programs is available in English at www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/.