Archived FedPro Message
Subject: Governor’s Committee to End Homelessness Poster Contest
ListServ Message Date: August 11, 2009
The Governor’s Committee to End Homelessness is sponsoring its Third Annual Poster Contest and would like to invite all schools and Head Start Programs to participate. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded in each category. The four participant categories include:
- Pre-K (Head Start)
- Middle/Junior High School
- High School
- theme: “Homelessness: The Reality is in Our Back Yard.” All submissions must reflect the theme.
- poster size: Projects must be submitted on standard size poster board (28”x 22”).
- medium: Artist choices may include: pencil, crayons, markers, paint, collage, etc. We encourage creativity!
- project: Can be either an Individual or Group submission.
All entries must have the contact information form completed and attached to the back of the poster which provides:
- Student name (or names if a group submission)
- School Name or Head Start Program
- School Address and Phone number
(Must use Homeless Awareness Week Poster Form Sample found at http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/fedprog/discretionarygrants/homeless/ ).
The posters should be delivered no later than October 23, 2009 to:
Governor’s Committee to End Homelessness
c/o Missouri Association for Social Welfare
ATTN: Sandy Wilson
606 E. Capitol Ave.
Jefferson City, MO 65109
All entries, with special recognition for the winners, will be on display at the State Capitol Rotunda on November 19, 2009 during Homelessness Awareness Week. Everyone is invited to attend. For further information, contact Sandy Wilson or Joanne Ivey at 573-634-2901.
Donna Cash, Supervisor
State Homeless & Even Start Coordinator
Federal Discretionary Grants
Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education
P.O. Box 480, 205 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
Phone: 573-522-8763 Fax: 573-526-6698