Archived FedPro Message
SUBJECT: 2010 ePeGS Application Technical Assistance Workshops
LISTSERVE MESSAGE DATE: May 26, 2010
The Federal Programs’ funding applications will be available on ePeGS for the 2010-2011 school year. We anticipate opening the funding applications for LEA use on Tuesday, June 1, 2010. The recommended due date for submission of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Consolidated Application on ePeGS is July 1, 2010.
Federal Programs’ staff will offer training on entering information into the NCLB Consolidated Application on ePeGS. These training sessions will consist of an overview of the ePeGS funding application tool, highlighting the NCLB requirements such as the Title I Breakdown of Allocation (BOA), transferability options, REAP-flex options, schoolwide program options, and the tracking of ARRA funds. In addition, staff will demonstrate how the planning tool ties to the funding application. Following the presentation, Federal Program staff members will be available to provide assistance as the participants enter their school district information into the NCLB application.
The list of training sites can be found at the link titled “2010 ePeGS NCLB Application Technical Assistance Workshops” at the following web address: http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/fedprog/grantmgmnt/ .
Each location is limited to the first 25 districts. Due to space and technical limitations, only one computer will be available per school district. School districts may have more than one person attend the session, but please remember, there will only be one computer for your use. Sessions will start promptly at the designated time and participants are expected to attend the training portion of the session.
In order to register, please email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- School District Name
- County/District Code
- Number of people attending from the district
- 1st choice – Session Number
- 2nd choice – Session Number
DESE will confirm your registration location with a follow-up email.
Items needed to complete the NCLB funding application:
- User ID and Password: Participants must have their User ID and password in order to access their specific school district’s information. Make sure you have the appropriate security authority. If you need to make changes, use the DESE Web Systems User ID Request Form located at: https://k12apps.dese.mo.gov/webapps/securityforms/MO500-2377.pdf .
- A copy of your proposed budgets: The ePeGS system uses the combination of function codes and object codes for budget purposes.
- Breakdown of Allocation information: The system copies enrollment and free/reduced lunch data from Core Data screens; however, it is the LEA’s responsibility to make sure the information is correct.
- Goals, Objectives, Strategies and Action Steps: The budget pages are linked to the planning tool. LEAs should have completed the Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Action Steps (GOSA) for the various programs.
- Any other supporting documents: To complete the application.
If you have questions, please contact your Federal Grants Management Supervisor listed below:
Julia.email@example.com – 573-751-8289
Eron.firstname.lastname@example.org – 573-751-9124
Kyle.email@example.com – 573-526-2582
Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org – 573-751-8281
Janet.email@example.com – 573-751-6762
Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org – 573-751-4888
De.email@example.com – 573-522-6268
Tawand.firstname.lastname@example.org – 573-751-3468 – Administrative Assistant for Grants Management
Coordinator, Federal Grants and Financial Management
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
PO Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Telephone: (573) 751-2046