Qualification for Paraprofessionals
- New Paraprofessional Assessment & Missouri Qualifying Score 8-20-13
- Change in Paraprofessional Test- Admin Memo 5-16-13
Any paraprofessional hired after January 8, 2002, and working in a Title I, Part A program must have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED) and meet one of the following qualifications:
- completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education;
- obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or
- met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state assessment— knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
The Paraprofessional Test is being offered at Pearson Approved IBT Test Centers: http://www.mo.nesinc.com