Name __________________________________ Date ______________
Nature Detective: Digging into Research
Write one questions about trees that was not answered in the paragraph.
3. Place the following items of the Monarch Butterfly life cycle in the correct order:
pupa butterfly caterpillar egg
1. _________________________ 2. _______________________________
3. __________________________ 4. ________________________________
4. Your grandmother wants to find information on the following items. Give her a keyword to that would describe all the items.
Tulip Petunia Your keyword ____________________________
Use the Table of Contents below to answer questions 5-6.
What is a seed? Page 6
Parts of a seed Page 7
How do seed travel? Page 8
Fruits from seeds Page 9
5. Write one keyword you see in the Table of Contents _______________________
6. Write one question that could be answered by reading the book above
7. A text you find on the shelf has the following information on the cover:
Mighty Tree Story and pictures by Dick Gackenbach.
To whom would you give credit for the drawings? __________________________
8. Where in a book do you usually find the author and illustrator listed?
9. Which of these features is a part of non-fiction resources? Circle each one.
diagrams bold print headings
charts graphs captions
drawings photographs titles
10. How does using a graphic organizer help you when you are doing research?