Book Title: _______________________________________________________________________________
1. “We were all sitting around the big kitchen table. It was Saturday morning. Pancake morning. Mom was squeezing oranges for juice. Henry and I were betting on how many pancakes we each could eat. And Grandpa was doing the flipping.”
As I was reading this passage, the picture I had in my mind looked like (draw a picture and write a description).
2. Write three predictions about what you think will happen in the remainder of this story.
3. Write three problems the community faced in the story.
4. List three new or interesting words you learned about from reading this story and list what these words mean.
5. A different title for this book might be:
The food was getting larger and larger, and so were the portions.
After being afloat for a week, they reached a small town.