Following the “How To” Process
· The writing includes details using an accurate and logical explanation.
· The writing includes a complete explanation.
· The writing is in sequential order.
· The writing follows the “TFDC” rough draft sheet.
*TFDC—rough draft topic organizer
· The writer shows their enthusiasm for the topic.
· The writer uses transition words, which makes the piece flow smoothly.
· The sentences are complete and easy to read.
· Basic convention rules are followed: capitalization for beginning of sentences and proper nouns.
· Correct punctuation is used in sentence endings.