Sequencing Story Lesson 7
Note: Keep the original sheet as an answer sheet. Cut the sentences in strips. Remove the first row of numbers.
1. 9. The alarm buzzed annoyingly.
2. 11. Samuel was forced to face the day ahead.
3. 3. For weeks he had been dreading the idea of presenting his speech in front of the class.
4. 6. Then an idea popped into his head.
5. 1. “Maybe I can be sick today, then I won’t have to do it.”
6. 13. Immediately he began to groan loudly.
7. 4. “Mom, my stomach hurts.”
8. 15. Eventually his mother became tired of hearing him complain.
9. 12. Realizing he had no choice, Samuel slowly got out of bed.
10. 16. First he showered, brushed his teeth, and combed his hair.
11. 5. Next he pulled clothes from the closet, not caring whether they matched or not, and
then he tried them on.
12. 14. Finally he grabbed a granola bar as he ran out the door, now late for the bus.
13. 7. The ride to school was a long one as he worried about making a fool of himself in front of his classmates.
14. 2. Upon arrival, he gloomily entered the classroom.
15. 8. His regular teacher was no where in sight. A substitute had written on the board “There will be no speech today.”
16. 10. Samuel sighed in relief.