SkillsUSA Membership Eligibility
The purpose of SkillsUSA Missouri is to ensure that participating students are provided a positive educational experience and are adequately prepared to meet the challenges of their future. Through extra effort and determination, the students participating in SkillsUSA Missouri events can motivate themselves to develop more skills than would otherwise be expected. Those extra skills can provide them with a higher quality of experience throughout their lifetime.
- The student must meet the eligibility requirements of the local school district for participation in intra- and extra-curricular activities.
- The student must be an active member of the local, state, and national organization with dues paid and roster postmarked by February 1st.
- Students must be enrolled full time in a DESE Career Education approved trade, Industrial, Health Sciences or Technology Education/PLTW program at either the high school or college/postsecondary level. They must be earning credit toward a diploma/certificate or its equivalent.
- The student must be willing to voluntarily comply with the SkillsUSA Missouri code of conduct and dress code as established by the SkillsUSA Missouri Executive Council.
- To compete in some activities certain eligibility requirements will have to be met.
The official membership year starts September 1, each year.