What Is Missouri Connections?
Missouri Connections is an online resource sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Division of Workforce Development that takes career planning to a higher level. Designed to guide students and adults through the career planning process, the system opens the door for career awareness, eases users into college and career exploration, and directs preparation for transition into postsecondary education and the world of work. Students, grades 6-16, parents, guidance counselors,educators, and adults can use the online system at no charge at: www.missouriconnections.org.
MissouriConnections.org is an Internet-based one-stop shop for:
- Career assessment and awareness
- Educational and occupational exploration
- Postsecondary planning
- Career preparation and management
- Employment outlook
Missouri Connections provides:
- Interactive career exploration features
- Awareness of the 6 Career Paths and 16 Career Clusters
- Tools for creating a personal plan of study based on Missouri courses and requirements
- Expanded information on educational options and degree choices after high school
- Information on postsecondary education and career options
- Administrative options for schools to upload course lists and custom career plans of study
- Parents section to answer questions on career planning, preview the system's features, learn about career exploration, and more.
For more information about Missouri Connections, contact Tom Schlimpert, Supervisor, Guidance and Counseling Services, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, email@example.com, (573) 751-6875.