GED Testing - Taking the Test
- To take the GED test in the state of Missouri you must first obtain an Application for Missouri Certificate of High School Equivalence.
Applications are available at most high school guidance offices, most public libraries, all GED testing sites and all Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) centers. You may also contact our office at (573)751-3504 to have an application mailed to you or you may download the application.
- Complete the application. Print in ink or fill out online. You must send it in to our office along with an $20.00 (money order to "Treasurer State of Missouri" or online payment to:
"Treasurer State of Missouri." Send it to GED
Office, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO,
We will then authorize your application and return it to you with a list of Adult Education centers (for training) and GED Testing sites so you can preregister to take the test.
TO PREREGISTER TO TAKE THE GED TEST FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
Go to an Adult Education and Literacy center near you and
- Complete a GED demographic form (information packet)
- View the video to familiarize yourself with the calculator and Alternate Format Gridding.
- Take a GED practice test to familiarize yourself with the new test format and content.
Contact a GED Testing center to make an appointment to take the test. You will need the following:
- The approved GED application
- $20.00 in cash or money order only
- The completed demographic form
- Current Missouri ID (Driver's License or Non-Driver's License ID.)