Testing News & Updates
GED Application Deadlines
Per May 1, press release GED Update, we are no longer accepting applications to take the current paper-based exam.
Missourians wanting to obtain their high school equivalency before the current GED test expires must take the current computer based test by going to gedcomputer.com
Where to go/What to do:
- DO NOT apply to the State to Test. Attention Missouri Option Programs: students must be registered in the DESE web app system prior to application for the computer-based test.
- Go directly to this site:gedcomputer.com
January 1, 2014: Deadline for passing the current GED®. If the GED® is not passed, scores from the current test will not transfer to the new one.
January 2, 2014: The new test will begin.
HSE Frequently asked Questions
Online Transcript for Missouri HSE Graduates
An automated process is used to verify transcripts for Missouri’s HSE graduates. Universities, colleges, employers, and individuals use the HSE Transcript Search to view official transcripts.
- Watch this video to learn the step-by-step process to verify whether or not an individual has earned their HSE transcript.
- GED Transcript Search
- Walk through the step-by-step process in this video of requesting a duplicate certificate online.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Compulsory Age Requirement
Only 16-year-olds who have successfully completed 16 units of credit toward high school graduation and have written permission from the superintendent or principal of the school last attended reflecting compliance are eligible to test. If homeschooled, only those 16-year-olds who have met the requirements of Section 167.031 RSMO for course instruction and have written permission of the parent or legal guardian indicating compliance, are eligible. Seventeen year-olds who have dropped out of school may take the test.