The purpose of accommodations is to provide candidates with full access to the GED® test. However, accommodations are not a guarantee of improved performance or test completion. GED Testing Service provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations to individuals with documented disabilities who demonstrate a need for accommodations. GED® test accommodations may include things such as:
• An audio version of the test
• A separate testing room
• Extra testing time
• Extra breaks
• Presentation of the material in large print
Test accommodations are individualized and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Consequently, no single type of accommodation (e.g. extra time) would necessarily be appropriate for all individuals with disabilities. Simply demonstrating that an individual meets diagnostic criteria for a particular disorder does not mean that the person is automatically entitled to accommodations.
GED Testing Forms
All files are in pdf
Before Taking the GED Test:
Complete this form and submit it with appropriate payment. In return, you will receive in the mail from us a GED Testing Authorization. You must bring the authorized form with you to the GED testing site. It will be your admission ticket. You will not be admitted for testing without it.
If you have lost or misplaced your GED Testing Authorization, our office will replace it at no additional cost. The replacement authorization will be sent regular mail as soon as we receive your request.
Request by phone:
You may call our office at (573) 751-3504 between the hours of 8:00 AM.- 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Request by e-mail:
You may request it electronically by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Social Security Number
- City, State, Zip Code
- Phone Number
- In subject line indicate: Replacement Authorization
The Day of the Test :
Bring these items with you to the test site:
- Candidate Responsibility form
- GED Testing Authorization (you received in the mail from DESE).
- The completed demographic form (first time testers only).
- A Missouri Driver's License or Missouri Non- Driver's License Photo ID.
- A twenty dollar ($20) test administration fee (cash or money order).
- Purple "GED Options..." form signed by school administrator (if you are an Options student).