Common Program Standards
The Division of Career Education has developed the Common
Standards for Career Education Programs. The six common standards
• Program Management and Planning,
• Professional Development,
• Career and Technical Student Organizations, and
• Instructional Facilities and Equipment.
These standards, along with the supporting quality indicators, were
designed to provide guidance and direction to local school districts
in establishing, maintaining, and evaluating career education
During the development of the Common Standards, input was
provided by teachers and administrators. This input was critical
to ensure that the Common Standards were reflective of what
represents exemplary career education programs across the state.
- Common Program Standards (pdf)