Vacancy Title: †† Residential Advisor I Substitute
Job Order Number: ††9842589
Domicile Location: †††St. Louis
Section/Office:† Missouri School for the Blind/Division of Special Education
Salary:† ††††††††††††††† $12.09 per hour
†Deadline:† May 10, 2013
QUALIFICATIONS DESIRABLE CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education
meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the following.)
1.† High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
2.† Prefer 12 months experience with children, especially children with special needs.
1. Supervise and maintain a clean and safe environment for students at all times.
2. Provide active programming appropriate to the functioning level of the students.
3. Report any issues or concerns regarding care and development of residential students.
4. Participate and assist with recreational activities for students.
5. Complete all required written reports and other paperwork as necessary.
6. Use approved behavior modification techniques when necessary to enhance the studentís development.
7. Follow all health care procedures, to include personal care and hygiene, taking students to Health Center, and following written communication from Health Center personnel.
8. Perform related tasks assigned by CARS Coordinator and/or Supervisors in the Residential Department.
Complete a DESE application online at:† http://dese.mo.gov/divadm/humanres/documents/Employment_Application_2005.pdf
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary
Education is an equal opportunity employer.†
If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA), please contact Human Resources at (573)751-9619, through Missouri
Relay System at (800)735-2966, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs.
To inquire about other employment opportunities, please call the Human Resource Voicemail System at (573) 751-3815; or access our Web Page at:† http://www.dese.mo.gov/divadm/humanres/vacancies.html
Please access the DESE Job-Line via the Relay Missouri service at
If you know of someone who would like to receive this information via the Internet or if you would like to give us feedback, email us at:† email@example.com.