MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
“Missouri public schools: the best choice… the best results!”
Vacancy Title: Special Education Teacher
Job Order Number: 9762516
Domicile Location: St. Louis
Section/Office: Missouri School for the Blind/Division of Special Education
Salary: $27,504.00--$36,432 annually (depending on prior experience and credentials.)
Deadline: Open until filled
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· Missouri State teacher certificate or ability to meet requirements to obtain certificate.
· Special Education mild/moderate and/or blind/partially sighted certification preferred.
· Experience with assistive technology desired.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
· Teach subject matter appropriate to educational background and certification.
· Develop, implement and evaluate the individual educational plan for each student.
· Plan and outline class work within prescribed limits; assemble and prepare learning materials for special study.
· Keep scholastic and attendance records.
· Give individual instruction and encouragement as needed.
· May operate as part of a teaching team.
· May assist in teacher training of student teachers.
· Participate in conferences/meetings with parents.
· Confer with Assistant Principal, School Supervisors and/or parents regarding students’ needs, progress and/or abilities.
· Provide consultation and technical assistance on-site and in the community.
· Provide consultation to parents regarding the educational, developmental, and transitional needs of their children.
Complete a DESE application online at http://www.dese.mo.gov/divadm/humanres/documents/Employment_Application_2005.pdf. Please attach a scanned copy of your transcripts with the application. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your application is received online.
NOTE: If a college degree is a requirement for this position, transcripts MUST be submitted with the application in order to be considered for employment. Failure to include transcripts (when required for the position) with your application will eliminate the application from the review process.
We do not keep applications on file to submit for other vacant positions. You must submit an application for each vacant position you are applying for.
ANNUAL LEAVE: Accrue 10 hours per month for new full-time employees, longer term State employees can earn more. Prorated leave for part-time employees in eligible positions.
SICK LEAVE: Accrue 10 hours per month. Prorated leave for part-time employees in eligible positions.
HOLIDAYS: 12 holidays per year.
RETIREMENT: Coverage provided through the Missouri State Employees Retirement System (MOSERS).
LIFE INSURANCE: Term life insurance coverage, equal to one times employee's annual salary, through the Missouri State Employees Retirement System.
OPTIONAL LIFE INSURANCE: Optional term life insurance available with maximum coverage of six times member’s annual salary. Plans are also offered for spouse and dependents. Premiums paid by employee.
CAFETERIA PLAN: Easy tax savings on employee’s cost for qualified payroll-deducted insurance plans, medical care, and dependent care.
HEALTH PLANS: Employer-paid/subsidized plans available the first day of the following month after employment.
DENTAL PLANS: Delta Dental insurance coverage is available.
VISION PLAN: Vision Service Plan (VSP) is available.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION: A payroll deduction deferred compensation plan available to defer taxes until retirement by investing in mutual funds and a fixed income account is currently provided.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Human Resources at (573) 751-9619, through Missouri Relay System at (800) 735-2966, or via email at email@example.com.
To Our Applicants with Disabilities: For assistance with any phase of the Department process, please notify the Director of Human Resources at (573) 751-9619. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs.
TTY/TDD users: Relay Missouri service (800) 735-2966.
It is the policy of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disability in its programs or employment practices as required by Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Inquiries related to Department programs and to the location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible by persons with disabilities may be directed to the Jefferson State Office Building, Office of the General Counsel, Coordinator–Civil Rights Compliance (Title VI/Title IX/504/ADA/Age Act), 6th Floor, 205 Jefferson Street, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480; telephone number (573) 526-4757 or TTY (800) 735-2966, fax (573) 522-4883, email firstname.lastname@example.org.