MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
“Missouri public schools: the best choice… the best results!”
Vacancy Title: Residential Advisor I
Job Order Number: 36417
Domicile Location: St. Louis
Section/Office: Missouri School for the Blind/Division of Special Education
Salary: $20,232.00 annually
Deadline: May 31, 2013
QUALIFICATIONS DESIRABLE CANDIDATES
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
2. Prefer 12 months experience with children, especially children with special needs.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
1. Supervise and maintain a clean and safe environment for students at all times.
2. Provide active programming which is appropriate to the functioning level of the students.
3. Report any issues or concerns regarding care and development of residential students.
4. Participate and assist with recreational activities for students.
5. Complete all required written reports and other paperwork as necessary.
6. Use approved behavior modification techniques when necessary to enhance the student’s development.
7. Follow all health care procedures, to include personal care and hygiene, taking students to the Health Center, and following written communication from Health Center personnel.
8. Perform related tasks assigned by CARS Coordinator and/or Supervisors in the Residential Department.
Complete a DESE application online at http://www.dese.mo.gov/divadm/humanres/documents/Employment_Application_2005.pdf. Please attach a scanned copy of your transcripts with the application. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your application is received online.
NOTE: If you are applying for a position where a degree is required, transcripts MUST be submitted with the application in order to be considered for employment. Failure to include transcripts with your application will eliminate the application from the review process.
We do not keep applications on file to submit for other vacant positions. You must submit an application for each vacant position you are applying for.
(For a Full-Time Position)
ANNUAL LEAVE: Accrue 10 hours per month for new full-time employees, longer term State employees can earn more. Prorated leave for part-time employees in eligible positions.
SICK LEAVE: Accrue 10 hours per month. Prorated leave for part-time employees in eligible positions.
HOLIDAYS: 12 holidays per year.
RETIREMENT: Coverage provided through the Missouri State Employees Retirement System (MOSERS).
LIFE INSURANCE: Term life insurance coverage, equal to one times employee's annual salary, through the Missouri State Employees Retirement System.
OPTIONAL LIFE INSURANCE: Optional term life insurance available with maximum coverage of six times member’s annual salary. Plans are also offered for spouse and dependents. Premiums paid by employee.
CAFETERIA PLAN: Easy tax savings on employee’s cost for qualified payroll-deducted insurance plans, medical care, and dependent care.
HEALTH PLANS: Employer-paid/subsidized plans available the first of the following month after employment.
DENTAL PLANS: Delta Dental insurance coverage is available.
VISION PLAN: Vision Service Plan (VSP) is available.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION: A payroll deduction deferred compensation plan available to defer taxes until retirement by investing in mutual funds and a fixed income account is currently provided by ICMA-RC Services.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Human Resources at (573) 751-9619, through Missouri Relay System at (800) 735-2966, or via email at email@example.com.
To Our Applicants with Disabilities: For assistance with any phase of the Department process, please notify the Director of Human Resources at (573) 751-9619. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs.
TTY/TDD users: Relay Missouri service (800) 735-2966.