School Breakfast Challenge
The Department is partnering with the Midwest Dairy Council and the Missouri Food Bank Association on year two of the Missouri School Breakfast Challenge.
Missouri’s School Breakfast Challenge will occur during the 2013-2014 school year. All public, charter and private school districts are automatically included in the challenge and will be categorized into five tiers based on enrollment. Participation is voluntary. Schools will be eligible for cash prizes if they have a 20 percent breakfast participation increase from the 2012-2013 school year to the 2013-2014 school year. The top three school districts in each of the five tiers with the highest increase in breakfast participation will win a cash prize!
- Five gold awards of $3,000
- Five silver awards of $2,000
- Five bronze awards of $1,000
Cash prizes will be awarded by the Midwest Dairy Council and are recommended for use toward health and wellness activities to benefit the receiving school district.
- Waynesville Brings Breakfast into the Classroom Video
- School superintendent letter
- School district data - breakfast meals served per student
- School Breakfast Challenge flier
- School Breakfast Challenge poster
- Breakfast = School Success
- USDA expanding your school breakfast program
- USDA school breakfast toolkit
- School Nutrition Association breakfast information
2012-13 School Breakfast Challenge Winners
Tier 1 (10,000+ students)
Gold award - Ferguson-Florissant R-II School District
Tier 2 (3,500 to 9,999 students)
Gold award - Waynesville R-VI School District
Tier 3 (1,000 to 3,499 students)
Gold award - West Plains R-VII School District
Silver award - Aurora R-VIII School District
Bronze award - Warsaw R-IX School District
Tier 4 (0 to 999 students)
Gold award - Iberia R-V School District
Silver award - Faith Christian Academy, Kansas City
Bronze award - Steelville R-III School District
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com or (573) 751-3526.