Substitute Teacher Aide
H. Kenneth Kirchner School
Examples of Work Performed
- Implement student instructional program as directed by teacher.
- Follow behavior support plans of individual students.
- Accommodate for each student’s individual communication needs.
- Supervise students during off campus instruction.
- Follow daily schedule of work activities.
- Perform the daily self-care needs of students (e.g., diapering, feeding, hand washing, tooth brushing etc.)
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained by the school nurse.
- Assist with arrival/dismissal transfer of students to/from bus and classroom.
- Provide a safe school environment for students.
- Lift and move 50 pounds to include assisting in changing positions of students.
- Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadlines.
- Participate in 15 hours of in-service first year of employment and 10 hours each year thereafter.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience working with individuals with severe disabilities is preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)