Substitute Custodial Worker I
Examples of Work Performed
- Clean and maintain building in accordance with established cleanliness standards.
- Safely operate custodial equipment and maintain it appropriately.
- Maintain an orderly and safe building and grounds.
- Demonstrate effective safety skills with student, equipment, environments, etc.
- Safely use cleaning supplies and maintain them appropriately.
- Follow a daily schedule of work activities and duties.
- Follow behavioral support plans of individual students.
- Lift and move 75 pounds.
- Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadline.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and personally identifiable information.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support Health Care Providers.
- Participate in staff development as necessary to keep custodial skills updated and current.
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained and assigned by the school nurse.
- Follow custodial skills development training plans for individual students as needed.
- Utilize each student’s individual communication system.
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Custodial experience is preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
Submit an application to:
Area II Office
Applications can be accessed and electronically submitted via the internet at: