Substitute Cook I
Greene Valley School
Examples of Work Performed
- Prepare and serve meals according to the rules and regulations developed by the Food Service Section of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Perform kitchen clean-up duties.
- Follow required health standards of local Department of Health.
- Treat all people with respect and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Accept supervision, cooperate with change and be flexible.
- Fill in for absent Cook II, if assigned.
- Follow daily assigned routine work activities.
- Lift and move 50 pounds.
- Follow policies and guidelines of the State Schools program.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student, and staff personally identifiable information.
- Demonstrate effective safety skills with students, equipment, environment, etc.
- Maintain orderly, safe, and clean environment.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Participate in staff development as necessary to keep cooking skills and knowledge of food service updated and current.
- Follow Food service skills development training plans for individual students.
- Maintain a portfolio.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings. Reasonable and necessary travel expenses will be reimbursed at approved rates.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One-year experience in food preparation is preferred.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
Submit an application to:
Area II Office
Applications can be accessed and electronically submitted via the internet at: