Substitute Bus Driver
Examples of Work Performed
- Drive and handle the school bus according to Missouri State Law and program policy/procedure.
- Follow the assigned daily route schedule.
- Maintain a clean and safely operating bus.
- Perform defined pre-trip inspection of bus.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained by the school nurse.
- Follow behavior support plans of individual students.
- Participate in training required of bus drivers to keep skills updated.
- Perform emergency bus evacuations.
- Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadline.
- Lift and move 75 pounds.
- Demonstrate effective safety skills with students, equipment, environment, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
- Perform the daily self-care needs of students as required (e.g., diapering, etc.)
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Class E Driver’s License or CDL with S endorsement.
- Ability to pass Missouri school bus driver physical.
- Good driving record.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)