Substitute Bus Driver
Examples of Work Performed
- Drive and handle the school bus according to Missouri State Law and program policy/procedure.
- Follow the assigned daily route schedule.
- Maintain a clean and safely operating bus.
- Perform defined pre-trip inspection of bus.
- Maintain CPR certification at the level determined by the American Heart Association or Red Cross as Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers.
- Follow student specific special health care procedures as trained by the school nurse.
- Follow behavior support plans of individual students.
- Participate in training required of bus drivers to keep skills updated.
- Perform emergency bus evacuations.
- Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadline.
- Lift and move 75 pounds.
- Demonstrate effective safety skills with students, equipment, environment, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
- Perform the daily self-care needs of students as required (e.g., diapering, etc.)
- Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Class E Driver’s License or CDL with S endorsement.
- Ability to pass Missouri school bus driver physical.
- Good driving record.
(Other qualifications and experience, which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
Submit an application to:
Area II Office
Applications can be accessed and electronically submitted via the internet at: