Posted October 16, 2014
Public Hearing on HB 1490 Work Groups Scheduled
The first of three public hearings on the progress of education standards work groups under HB 1490 is scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m on Monday, October 27, 2014. The hearing will be held in the State Board of Education meeting room on the first floor of the Jefferson Building, 205 Jefferson St., Jefferson City, Mo.
The Department has been working to establish lines of communication with administrators, schools, parents and community leaders. Using these various means, we hope to share information about Department programs and policies that will be beneficial to parents and families in the state.
- Parent-Teacher Organizations/Parent Teacher Associations Listserv We now have a parent-teacher organization/parent-teacher association (PTO/PTA) listserv. If you are a president or leader of your school’s PTO or PTA, please sign up for this listserv. We will send information that can be shared with parents and families at meetings or in your newsletters.
- Topic-based listservs The Department uses listservs to distribute information about many other topics.
- Top 10 by 20 Newsletter A monthly electronic newsletter keeps Missourians informed about Missouri public education and the state's progress toward becoming a top 10 state in education nationwide by 2020. A message from the Commissioner is a regular feature of the Top 10 by 20 Update.
- Missouri Learning Standards Update Up-to-date information about the Missouri Learning Standards are available in our e-newsletter.
- “Like" the Department on Facebook; follow us on Twitter, as well as the Commissioner of Education; and view videos on our YouTube channel.
- Contact us! To learn more, please visit our website. You can reach a specific section of the Department by using our Topics Directory, or by calling 573-751-4212.