Guidance & Counseling Evaluation
Evaluation: Program + Personnel = Results
This page is designed to provide you with information and resources to more effectively evaluate a comprehensive guidance program. PowerPoint presentations videos, sample templates, and summaries of results based projects conducted by practicing professional school counselors are available to assist you in developing your own evaluation plan as required by MSIP.
Comprehensive Guidance Program Evaluation: Introduction
This presentation provides you with an overview of the evaluation process for comprehensive guidance and counseling programs--a process that includes program evaluation, personnel evaluation and results evaluation.
Program Evaluation: Determining the Level of Implementation
The first aspect of evaluation asks the question, "To what extent is the guidance and counseling program fully implemented?" Fourth Cycle MSIP Standard 6.9 begins to address this question by outlining the necessary and essential components of a guidance and counseling program that is integral to the total educational process.
School counselors and administrators should first determine if the components are in place.
Once it is determined that the program components are in place, it is important to determine the degree of implementation. For example, there may be a guidance curriculum in place, but to what extent is it being delivered to students? The "Internal Improvement Review (IIR)" allows you to take an open and honest look at the degree to which their comprehensive guidance and counseling program is being implemented. The links below provide access to the IIR and to a presentation that guides you through the IIR process. The end result is an action plan for you to follow that will lead you toward a more fully implemented comprehensive guidance and counseling program.
This presentation provides you with the information and documentation for conducting performance based professional school counselor evaluations.
- Guidelines for Performance-Based Professional School Counselor Evaluations
- Summative Evaluation for School Counselors
* Will be updated by August 1, 2015
(PRoBE: Partnerships in Results Based Evaluation)
This section consists of three segments:
- A Series of Short Courses that introduce school counselors to the evaluation model, Program + Personnel = Results and then guides them in development of a results-based project.
- A Series of Videos that demonstrate further how to use Microsoft Excel to analyze data ("IDEAS and Data Analysis for School Counselors").
- A listing of Actual PRoBE Projects that have been complete by practicum students and full-time school counselors.