State Leadership Conference
Location: Holiday Inn Executive Center, Columbia
Date: March 30-April 1, 2014
Theme: "FCCLA: the Greatest Show on Earth"
Keynote Speaker: Eddie Slowikowski
The State Executive Council challenges you to use your leadership skills to cure problems in your family, career and community.
- Each chapter must have one adult for every 4 delegates or major fraction thereof.
- Every chapter with delegates in attendance must have at least one adult. This is very important as chapter advisors and adults are responsible for the behavior of delegates during the conference.
- Advisors and adults are to enforce the conference dress code, monitor workshop attendance, and supervise student activities.
- Chapters are responsible for providing adult supervision for all their delegates, both male and female.
- The state office and conference staff do not make arrangements for chaperones.
- Registration materials for State Leadership Conference will be posted in January. Start now to plan with your members for active participation in the 2014 State Leadership Conference.
- State Leadership Conference Forms
National FCCLA Leadership Conference
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Date: July 6-10, 2014
Come and enjoy this exciting city, make new friends, share ideas, and learn more about national programs.
- San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau
- National FCCLA website (click on the "Meetings" menu button; drop down to "National Leadership Conference")
General information on the meeting is included in the State Leadership Conference letter posted online in January. As the state office receives more specifics about this meeting, chapters will be notified by mail or through the website.
- National Leadership Conference Forms
Missouri FCCLA Fall Leadership Conference
Location: Tan-Tar-A Family Resort, Osage Beach
Date: October 12-Monday, October 13, 2014
- Fall Leadership Conference Housing Form
- Fall Leadership Conference Online Registration System
- Code of Conduct
- Fall Leadership Conference Details
- Fall Leadership Conference Flier
- Fall Leadership Conference Program
- Fall Leadership Conference Sample News Release
- Missouri FCCLA Dress Code
- Map to Tan-Tar-A
Take AIM (Active & Involved Members) Conference
Any new FCCLA member is encouraged to attend the Take AIM (Active & Involved Members) Conference. Members will learn how to use the FCCLA programs and activities to their full potential. Each will complete the Step 1 program and develop plans for their first Power of One project. Separate sessions will complete the Step 1 program and develop plans for their first Power of One project. Separate sessions will be held for middle school and high school members.
All officers (local and regional) are encouraged to attend to develop leadership skills specifically related to FCCLA. Sessions will focus on Dynamic Leadership concepts, such as public speaking, team building, communication and conflict resolution, and personal qualities of effective leaders. Regional presidents are expected to attend as stated in the state bylaws.
CIA (Chapters In Action)
All chapters are encouraged to send teams of 2-3 members to learn about these national FCCLA programs - Community Service, FACTS and Stop the Violence. Chapter teams will hear speakers related to each topic; learn how to implement projects using FCCLA and other resources; and each chapter will develop and leave with a plan of action for all three national programs.