(Administered by Missouri FCCLA)
Missouri FCCLA is administering LifeSmarts, an educational program that develops the consumer and marketplace skills of teenagers. LifeSmarts competitions are run in a game show style format and are open to all teens in Missouri in grades 6-12. Teams compete online and in state matches, with the state winners going to the national LifeSmarts championship. The state competitions will be held February 25-26, 2014 in Jefferson City and the national competition will be held April 25-29, 2014 in Orlando, Fla. Read more information on LifeSmarts (NEED TO MAKE LINK copy http://dese.mo.gov/divcareered/LifeSmarts_home.htm)
FCCLA Star Events
Here is a list of Missouri's STAR Events. (Subject to change annually)
- Applied Math for Culinary Management
- Career Investigation
- Chapter in Review Display (formerly Chapter Showcase Display)
- Chapter in Review Portfolio (formerly Chapter Showcase Manual)
- Chapter Service Project Display
- Chapter Service Project Portfolio (formerly Chapter Service Project Manual)
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Stories for Change (N-O)
- Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Ambassador
- FCCLA Chapter Website (N-O)
- FCCLA Knowledge**
- Fashion Construction
- Fashion Design
- Focus on Children
- Food Innovations
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Illustrated Talk
- Impromptu Speaking**
- Interior Design
- Interpersonal Communications
- Job Interview
- Life Event Planning
- National Programs in Action
- No Kid Hungry National Outreach Project (N-O)
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Plan and Teach**
- Promote and Publicize FCCLA
- Recycle and Redesign
- STEM Integration**
- Sports Nutrition
- Subject to Debate**
- Teach and Train
- Toward New Horizons**
- Virtual Poster (N-O)
** — Missouri State sponsored events only
(N-O) — National Online event only
Deadline: Affiliation payment for STAR Events participants must be received at the State FCCLA Office by December 10.
Students participating in district STAR Events, especially graduating seniors, should be made aware of the dates of the State Leadership Conference and National Leadership Meeting to make sure they can attend and participate fully.
Please review the STAR Events manual carefully and thoroughly with participants as disqualification is uncomfortable for everyone concerned.
To allow more participation at state STAR Events, each region will be able to send the top TWO Gold STAR winners to state STAR Events. In order to provide adequate evaluators and consultants for state STAR Events, each participating chapter will be required to provide one volunteer to assist in some way with state STAR Events. Volunteers may be students or adults.
The Regional 1st Vice Presidents and advisors are in charge of STAR Events throughout the state. Contact them for information on deadlines, event dates and location.
Click here to download the National FCCLA Competitive Events Guide: www.fcclainc.org
- "Missouri FCCLA Guide to STAR Events"
- "Missouri STAR Events Management Manual"
- Digital Delivery STAR Events Information
- Sample FCCLA Knowledge Test
- STAR Event Planning Process Sheet
- 2013 National STAR Events Winners
Missouri FCCLA had 126 individuals advance to the National STAR Events Competition held in July in Nashville, Tennessee. Participants returned with 71 gold, 52 silver and 3 bronze medals.